Level: 3 | Duration: 2 Years | Details: September
What is this course about?
The BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport deals with the principles and practices within the sport and coaching industry and is equivalent to three A Levels.
It is mainly a theoretical course that analyses many aspects of sport and it is delivered through a variety of methods, within the classroom, the sports hall and fitness suite.
The course aims to answer questions such as:
- How does the body work in sport?
- How do I test my fitness levels?
- How should I train to improve my fitness for my sport?
- What are the techniques and tactics of different sports?
- How can my sport be developed in society?
- Which skills do I need to work in the sports industry?
- What sports organisations are there and what do they do?
How do I become qualified as a sports coach?
Why choose this course?
We have excellent industry links and you will benefit from the opportunity to support coaching in schools, go on industry visits and hear from guest speakers.
Our staff have a wealth of sporting experience and will fully support your progress on the course and in your sport. In addition to your main qualification you will also have the opportunity to gain coaching, officiating and first aid awards.
A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades 9 – 4 including a minimum of a Grade 4 in English Language and a Grade 4 in Maths.
How will I be assessed:
Coursework & practical assessments and exams
- Unit 1 Anatomy and Physiology (Exam)
- Unit 2 Fitness Training and Programming (Exam)
- Unit 3 Leadership in Sport
- Unit 4 Coaching for Sports Performance
- Unit 10 Sports Event Organisation
What will this course lead on to?
On successful completion of the Diploma it is possible to progress into Higher Education to study in the following areas:
- Sport and Exercise Studies
- Physical Education Teaching (primary and secondary)
- Sport Therapy
- Coaching Science
- Health, Sport Performance and Nutrition
- Sport Development
Alternatively students who have completed this programme have gone on to study to become a Fitness Instructor / Personal Trainer or have successfully completed an Apprenticeship in Physical Education and Sports Coaching
There are also opportunities to apply for the armed forces, or to seek employment within leisure centres, health clubs or sport coaching within the UK or abroad.
Past students have gone onto Higher Education on one of the many degree courses available, or have obtained employment within the fitness industry, sport development centres or community football coaches.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes