At Cronton Sixth Form College we want to make sure that you realise your full personal and academic potential. Enjoying college life and becoming fully involved will make the experience one of many happy memories you will have for the rest of your life.
When you join Cronton Sixth Form you will be assigned a Personal Tutor who will be there alongside you every step of the way to guide you through college life and help you make decisions on both personal and academic issues.
Career Enhancement and Industry Placement Industry Placement or Work Experience is an integral part of all courses. It will provide you with a valuable addition to your CV or UCAS application, as well as enhancing your knowledge of your chosen career. All A Level students will take part in a week long work experience in their first year. For Vocational students this takes place at various points through the academic year.
Parents will receive:
- Prompt contact in the event of poor attendance or progress, or to celebrate and acknowledge excellent work and attainment
- Invitations to welcome evenings and progress evenings during the year
- Progress reports twice a year
If you experience any difficulties coping with your college work, or feel that you could do better with some extra help, then we have a dedicated study support team to help you.
They can assist you with:
- Organising and planning your work and time management
- Arranging for additional workshops in skills such as English, maths and IT
- Developing your study skills to maximise your potential
- Arranging specialist equipment e.g. software for students with dyslexia
- Helping you with language skills if English is not your first language
- Identifying and exploring your individual learning needs
We have a team of tutors and support workers who work with some of our top performing students who have disabilities or learning difficulties/differences such as Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and Asperger’s Syndrome to ensure their success.
Your welfare is our priority and we will help you to overcome any obstacles to your success, achievements and progression.
Student Services can help you with:
- Career decisions and higher education routes including UCAS applications
- Job vacancies and employment opportunities
- Managing your finances and advice on financial assistance
- Individual counselling if you have any personal difficulties