Cronton Sixth Form College has created a Centre of Excellence for Sport. This Centre of Excellence has been developed through the recruitment of some of the best teaching staff in the country, the investment in modern sporting facilities, including a state of the art gym, a Health and Fitness Lab in the new IDEA Centre. The College has links with high profile sports clubs and national governing bodies, offering students extensive opportunities and individual sports coaching for all sport disciplines.
The Centre of Sporting Excellence offers students an elite sporting experience including:
- International trips to Barcelona and skiing in France
- Up to 5.5 hours of individual coaching and one-to-one specialist support for talented sports students at Cronton, whether they are studying a sports qualification or any other course at the College but want to further develop in their sport
- Providing scholarships for exceptional students to support them in purchasing sporting equipment, attending competitive events etc
- Prestigious sporting partners including, Rugby Football League, national sports governing bodies, Halton Sports Partnership, Merseyside Sport, AOC Sport, Widnes Vikings and Macron Sportswear
- Offering students the opportunity to play football, athletics, rugby, netball, badminton, table tennis, swimming and volleyball in the AOC Sport competitions
- Offer sports science support in the new IDEA Centre for gifted and talented students for all sports including athletics, triathlon, gymnastics, taekwondo and many more
- Work with the relevant professional clubs and national governing bodies to maximise player and athlete performance within their chosen sport
The IDEA Centre
Sport students at Cronton will have access to the fitness suites in the IDEA Centre. Our coaches are committed to helping young athletes develop and excel both academically and professionally.
Our extensive elite sporting opportunities include individual coaching, prestigious and high profile sporting partnerships, scholarships, links with governing bodies and an international ski trip. The focus is on encouraging and supporting every student in maximising their performance in their chosen sport.
At Cronton Sixth Form College we are fortunate to be able to offer scholarships worth up to £2000 for our Sport course students. These are aimed at allowing you to attend competitions, take on extra curricular work and focus on your studies.