The Centre of Excellence for Performing Arts offers a unique production programme that enables A Level and Vocational students the opportunity of performing in large scale extra curricular performances that sit entirely outside the timetable.
Members of the Centre of Excellence have the opportunity of taking the Bronze, Silver or Gold Arts Award to help develop creative and communication skills that are essential for success in the 21st Century. This award off both a recognised qualification and UCAS points and can be taken at any point throughout your time at Cronton.
Shakespeare North Playhouse is working in partnership with Cronton College to highlight career opportunities within the theatre and also the wider Creative Industries sector, offering students industry insight through inspiring experiences.
Students involved in the Centre of Excellence will also benefit from a wide range of other experiences that will develop their talents and professional skills by exposing them to a wide range of opportunities.
- International trips including New York, Amsterdam and Paris
- The opportunity to perform in industry standard productions
- Perform at professional venues across the country
- Exclusive links with dance conservatoires and performance institutes
- FREE individual music tuition in your chosen instrument for A Level Music students
- High profile patrons including West End Star, Zoe Curlett and University Professor, John Freeman
- Opportunities to gain the nationally recognised Bronze, Silver and Gold Arts Award
- The opportunity to rehearse and perform in the Cronton Playhouse, a brand new theatre
The Cronton Playhouse
The Cronton Playhouse is a brand new 320 seat theatre with orchestra pit. The theatre is home to the very latest technology and an advanced technical booth offering new spectacular effects and high impact sound to further enhance the Centre of Excellence performances to industry standard. The theatre also has a balcony, box office, dressing rooms, greenroom space and a storage area for larger productions.
The Team at the Centre of Excellence for Performing Arts is outstanding. A selection of staff are profiled below:
- M.A. (Distinction) in Performance Practice
- P.G. Dip in Dramatic Art from The Academy Drama School, London
- B.A. (Hons) in Drama and English and P.G.C.E.
- External examiner
- Toured extensively throughout Britain & Europe
- Appeared in critically acclaimed productions in London theatres
- Resident voice over for London’s Heart 106.2FM
Choreographer & Artistic Director of the Professional Dance Programme
- BA (Hons) Degree in Dance from LIPA
- Performer with Wired Aerial Theatre
- Recent World Tours include Australia, Spain, Holland, Czech Republic, South Korea and Rio
- Artistic Director for The Professional Dance Programme
At Cronton Sixth Form College we are fortunate to be able to offer scholarships worth up to £2000 for our Performing Arts students. These are aimed at allowing you to attend competitions, take on extra curricular work and focus on your studies.