Level: 3 | Duration: 2 Years | Details: September
Please note all of our A Level subjects must be studied as part of a full time A Level programme. You will choose this course and 2 A Level subjects.
What is this course about?
The course aims to answer questions such as:
- How does the body work in sport?
- How do I test my fitness levels?
- How should I train to improve my fitness for my sport?
- What are the techniques and tactics of different sports?
- How can my sport be developed in society?
- Which skills do I need to work in the sports industry?
- What sports organisations are there and what do they do?
- How do I become a sports coach, sports scientist, or fitness specialist?
Why choose this course?
A minimum of 3 x 5’s and 2 x 4’s at GCSE including a Grade 5 in English Language a Grade 5 in Maths and a Grade 5 in Science (Biology).
How will I be assessed:
Coursework & practical assessments and exams
- Unit 1 Anatomy and Physiology (Exam)
- Unit 2 Fitness Training and Programming (Exam)
- Unit 3 Professional Development in the Sports Industry (Exam)
- Unit 4 Sports Leadership
- Unit 5 Application of Fitness Testing
What will this course lead on to?
On successful completion of the Extended Certificate, in combination with selected A level subjects it is possible to progress into Higher Education to study degrees in the following areas:
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Physical Education Teaching (primary and secondary)
- Sport Therapy
- Sport Physiotherapy
- Coaching Science
- Health, Sports Performance analysis
- Nutrition Sport
Students have opportunities for further study at Higher Education on one of the many degree courses available or have obtained employment within the Health, Fitness, Performance Analysis industries.
The Cronton Experience:
During your time at Cronton Sixth Form College, you will have the opportunity to take part in a number of different enrichment activities in your free time. These will increase your enjoyment of your studies and equip you for further success. Click the image below for more information!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes