Following on from their astonishing performance of ‘Unity’, gifted dancers at Cronton Sixth Form College captivated a packed audience at the Brindley Theatre in Runcorn with their latest stage production, and final production of the year, The Evil Queen.
The talented dancers, who are training on the Professional Dance Programme, depicted the retelling of the classic tale ‘Snow White’.
The sold out production was held at the Brindley Theatre on Monday 4th July and starred students Katie Frater as Aria, Anna Burnham as Snow White and Kirsten Hughes as Mother.
Benjamin Musa, Artistic Director and Course leader for the Professional Dance Programme commented, “The Evil Queen has been a very special production which was the result of hard work and dedication from all involved. The students have worked beyond belief to put on an amazing show. It truly was our best performance yet. The atmosphere in the theatre was electric and the reaction from the audience has been phenomenal.”
Leeann Bellfield, Assistant Principle at Cronton Sixth Form College added: “What a fantastic performance last night, it genuinely was the best dance event I have seen so far. The quality of the student performance was out of this world and the timing of each piece was exemplary. I honestly could have watched the whole show again as soon as it had finished!”
Feedback for the production has been overwhelming, one audience member commented, “fantastic show tonight! The choreography was exceptional and all the dancers were yet again the best advert you could have for anyone thinking of studying dance. It’s the first time I have seen a dance production and all the students were fantastic. I was really impressed by the commitment and the real sense of belonging the whole cast showed.”
- Aria played by Katie Frater, age 18, from Widnes and formerly of Wade Deacon High School
- Snow White played by Anna Burnham, age 18, from Widnes and formerly of Saints Peter & Paul Catholic College
- Mother played by Kirsten Hughes, age 18, from Widnes and formerly of Ormiston Bolingbrook Academy
- Mona played by Chantelle Tyrrell, age 18, from St Helens and formerly of St Cuthbert’s Catholic High School
- Trinity played by Denica Durr, age 20, from Runcorn and formerly of The Grange School
- Willow played by Laura Malam, age 19, Runcorn and formerly of The Heath School
- Thalia played by Megan Clarke, age 18, St Helens and formerly of St Cuthbert’s Catholic High School
- Faith played by Megan Reed, age 18, Liverpool and formerly of St Edwards College
- Sophia played by Niamh Ryan, age 18, Runcorn and formerly of The Heath School
- Skylar played by Phoebe Millington, age 19, Widnes and formerly of Ormiston Chadwick Academy