The Heat is on at Cronton – Miss Saigon
Cronton Sixth Form College’s Centre of Excellence for Performing Arts captivated audiences with their exceptional performance of Miss Saigon.
Set in the final weeks of the Vietnam War, Schönberg and Boublil’s Miss Saigon is a musical adaptation of Puccini’s Madame Butterfly. It tells the tragic tale of a doomed romance between an American GI and a Vietnamese orphan.
The production sold out for 3 nights from June 29th to July 1st at the Centre Stage Theatre, Kingsway Campus, and included a Matinée performance attended by pupils from Wade Deacon High School. The spectacular performance starred talented students Ritchie Redmond and Emma Passey in the lead roles of Chris and Kim.
Performance reviews have been tremendous. Audience member, Gareth Johnson commented “Well done to all who were involved in this fantastic production. I have been fortunate to witness several productions, but this has to be the best of a very good bunch!”
Matt Plant, Head of the Centre of Excellence for Performing Arts said “Miss Saigon was a huge undertaking that once again demonstrated the commitment and drive of our wonderful students, all of whom were able to put their own special touches to this significant story. In between revision and exams, our students created an extra-curricular project of enormous value that was both challenging and hugely rewarding.”
Don’t miss out on the next Centre of Excellence exciting performance of ‘Thoroughly Modern Millie’ which will be performed at the Centre Stage Theatre, Riverside College, Kingsway, Widnes, from November 30th to December 2nd 2016.
Thoroughly Modern Millie tells the story of young Millie Dillmount, who has just moved to the city in search of a new life for herself. It’s a New York full of intrigue and jazz – a time when women are entering the workforce and the rules of love and social behaviour are changing forever. Tickets can be booked through our box office on 0151 422 2640.
Miss Saigon Main Cast:
- Chris played by Ritchie Redmond – age 19, from Runcorn, previously of The Grange School
- Kim played by Emma Passey – age 18, from Widnes, previously of Ormiston Chadwick Academy
- Engineer played by Reuben Austin – age 18, from Widnes, previously of Saints Peter and Paul Catholic College
- Ellen played by Gabrielle Stanfield – age 18, from Runcorn, Previously of The Heath School
- John played by Michael Clark – age 17, from Widnes, previously of Saints Peter and Paul Catholic College
- Gigi played by Helen Gallimore – age 16, from Warrington, previously of Great Sankey High School
- Mimi played by Heather Beck – age 17, from Warrington, previously of Rainhill High School
- Yvette played by Chloe Biggins – age 17, from Liverpool, formerly of Halewood Academy
- Yvonne played by Rebecca Jones – age 17, from Runcorn, previously of The Heath School
- Thuy played by Thomas Ray – age 17, from Runcorn, previously of The Heath School
View the full image gallery on our Facebook page.