The Prestigious Universities Programme
High Achievers Programme at Cronton Sixth Form
The Prestigious Universities Programme (PUP) at Cronton Sixth Form College is a gifted and talented programme that provides outstanding support and training to prepare high achieving students for entry to Oxford, Cambridge and other prestigious universities and courses.
Cronton Sixth Form College has formed partnerships with universities and educational organisations, both nationally and internationally. The aim of these partnerships is to give our students the very best chance of gaining places at elite universities. Additionally, we aim to make sure that every student chooses the right university and the right degree, and has access to the maximum amount of financial support to which they are entitled.
In 2021, our students received almost 500 offers from Russell Group universities and 22 offers for Oxford, Cambridge, Medical, Dentistry and Veterinary courses.
Congratulations to the Class of 2021
The Class of 2021 at Cronton Sixth Form College have achieved outstanding results with over 400 A* and A grades and are now celebrating their progression to prestigious degrees and higher apprenticeships.
100% A Level Pass Rate with 69% Top Grades A*-B and 92% High Grades A*-C
100% BTEC Pass Rate with 88% BTEC High Grades and 48% BTEC Triple Distinction Star Grades (equivalent to 3 A* grades at A level)
What is the Prestigious Universities Programme (PUP)?
The most competitive universities and courses in the country require students to complete additional projects, experiences, enrichment, work experience and workshops. The PUP at Cronton focuses on providing specialist support and additional experiences to help prepare students to apply to the most competitive universities and courses, including Oxford, Cambridge, Russell Group Universities, Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary courses.
What does the programme include?
Students on the programme will have access to:
- Individual admissions preparation for entry to Oxford, Cambridge and competitive degree programmes
- Support with personal statements, preparation for entrance exams and mock interviews
- A Cambridge admissions tutor, providing advice and examples to support personal statement writing
- Discussions with students who are currently studying at Oxford or Cambridge, to hear their own experiences of the application process and life at university
- Academic extension activities, alongside subject-specific guidance, including research projects, specialist work placements, workshops and the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
- Guest speakers and academics who are leaders in their fields, discussing their personal journey
Additional schemes and programmes on offer:
- University of Oxford, Pembroke North Programme
- University of Oxford, UNIQ Summer School
- University of Cambridge Shadowing Scheme
- University of Cambridge STEM Smart Programme
- University of Liverpool Scholarship Programme
- Zero Gravity Student Support Programme
- The Sutton Trust UK and USA Study Programmes
- Nuffield Science Research Projects
- Royal Society Geography Summer School
- The European Youth Parliament
- Tomorrow’s Scientists
- Tomorrow’s Teachers
- Tomorrow’s Lawyers
- Student Leadership Team
How are students selected for PUP?
High achieving students are identified at enrolment based on their GCSE results, progression plans and performance within their first year. They are placed in specialist tutor groups alongside other high achieving students with an experienced tutor who can support the programme of activities and help students reach their full potential.
For more information about the Professional Studies Programmes and the Student Leadership Team Click Here
For more information about the results at Cronton Sixth Form and student destinations Click Here