Level: 3 | Duration: 1 Year | Details: September
What is the qualification about?
The course is an intense one year course. In the first half of the academic year the Level 2 Fitness Instructor (Gym-Based Exercise) will be studied and achieved. The second half of the year builds on the skills and knowledge developed in the first half of the year by focussing on the Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training. This qualification is industry recognised and allows you to access employment as a fully qualified Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer, also opening doors such as employment in the strength and conditioning industry. The course covers a wide range of subjects including both theory and practical work.
Theory and practical based subjects at Level 2 (Fitness Instructor) include:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and fitness instructors
- Providing a positive customer experience in the exercise environment
- Lifestyle management and health awareness
- Gym-based programme planning and preparation
- Gym-based programme delivery and professional instruction
Theory and practical based subjects at Level 3 (Personal Trainer) include:
- Applied anatomy and physiology
- Promoting wellness through client motivation and interaction
- Bespoke exercise programme design
- Customised exercise programme instruction and communication technique
- Nutrition to support physical activity
- Business acumen for a successful personal training practice
Why choose this course?
At the Centre of Sporting Excellence we have extensive links with local gyms to ensure that you gain real work experience.
The college also has its own gym with the latest equipment so that you can learn cutting edge training techniques. We have excellent industry links and you will benefit from the opportunity to go on industry visits, hear from guest speakers and may have the opportunity to gain additional qualifications such as Level 2 Studio Cycling, Level 2 Circuit Training and Level 2 Kettlebells to really set you up for the world of work.
Our staff have a wealth of industry and sporting experience, and will fully support your progress on the course. In addition to your main qualification you may have the opportunity to gain coaching awards.
A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades 9 – 4 including a minimum of a Grade 4 in English Language, a Grade 4 in Maths and a Grade 4 in Science.
What will this course lead on to?
This is an industry recognised qualification and students successfully completing this course can access direct employment as a Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer, Strength and Conditioning and Group Exercise Instructor within the fitness industry.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes