The Centre of Excellence for Performing Arts proudly presents Andrew Lloyd Webber’s The Phantom of the Opera
- Wednesday 27th March 2019 – 7.30pm (doors 7pm)
- Thursday 28th March 2019 – 7.30pm (doors 7pm)
Performed at the brand new Cronton Playhouse
Tickets: £7.50 Box Office: 0151 257 2032
Cronton Sixth Form College, Widnes, WA8 5WA
Centre of Excellence for Performing Arts
The college has created a Centre of Excellence for Performing Arts courses. This Centre of Excellence has been developed through the recruitment of some of the best teaching staff in the sector, and the expansion of our extra-curricular activities that will support applications to the country’s most prestigious institutions.
Students studying performing arts courses will automatically be part of the Centre of Excellence; however talented performers studying other A Levels and vocational courses are able to take part by auditioning for our industry standard performances. Students involved in the Centre of Excellence will benefit from a wide range of experiences that will develop their talents and professional skills by exposing them to a wide range of opportunities.
The PDP at Cronton
Watch Artistic Director and Course Leader for The Professional Dance Programme, Benjamin Musa talk about this unique and intensive practical course.
Centre of Excellence opportunities include:
- International trips including New York, Amsterdam and Paris
- The opportunity to perform in industry standard productions
- Perform at professional venues across the country
- Exclusive links with dance conservatoires and performance institutes
- FREE individual music tuition in your chosen instrument for A Level Music students
- High profile patrons including West End Star, Zoe Curlett and University Professor, John Freeman
- Opportunities to gain the nationally recognised speaking and performing qualifications (LAMDA)
- New for 2018, The Cronton Playhouse
The Team at the Centre of Excellence for Performing Arts is outstanding. A selection of staff are profiled below:
- M.A. (Distinction) in Performance Practice
- P.G. Dip in Dramatic Art from The Academy Drama School, London
- B.A. (Hons) in Drama and English and P.G.C.E.
- External examiner
- Toured extensively throughout Britain & Europe
- Appeared in critically acclaimed productions in London theatres
- Resident voice over for London’s Heart 106.2FM
Choreographer & Artistic Director of the Professional Dance Programme
- BA (Hons) Degree in Dance from LIPA
- Performer with Wired Aerial Theatre
- Recent World Tours include Australia, Spain, Holland, Czech Republic, South Korea and Rio
- Artistic Director for The Professional Dance Programme
Bursaries worth £2,000 are available for students to apply for.
These are aimed at allowing you to attend competitions, take on extra curricular work and focus on your studies.